rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Music production

Music production

Quote: (09-26-2011 08:17 AM)Pete Wrote:  

Quote: (09-22-2011 10:53 AM)Pusscrook Wrote:  

Quote: (09-22-2011 10:37 AM)Pete Wrote:  

I am too. I produce "reggaeton", but soon I'm moving over to the US to work more on hip hop/rap/rnb/pop.

You guys record vocals too or only produce?

There's a link I can send you for recording Reggaeton vocals. Has the Wisin and Yandel settings. Vocals are stacked/panned maybe 9 deep just on lead. Are you on Gearslutz?
Sure, thanks ! send 'em over here. [Image: idea.gif] Yeah I'm on gearslutz ! are you? I used to be there 24/7 but I was reading too much, and doing too little.[Image: sleepy.gif] [Image: lol.gif]

What gear do you guys have?

This is my gear list:
interface= steinberg mr816x
pre= gap pre73
mic= at 4047
DAW = fl studio, cubase. (Would love to have protools though, but it's $600)
monitors= m audio bx8a deluxe
headphones= sony mdr7506 dj

In my soon-to-buy list:
1. api lunchbox
2. avedis ma5
3. manley reference cardioid, brauner phanthera or a valvet x pure cardioid.

Hey Pete, trying to post that to you , but the link is dead so I will copy it for you. I got off of gearslutz years back. Too many hotheads.

As far as a gear list, I have a hybrid studio and set mine to maximize analog gear but work within a heavy digital domain .Here is what I work with.

4 apogee symphony I/O's
1. ssl xpatch to incorporate analog gear into the daw.
elyisa alpha compressor /elyisia museq eg. All analog, not the plug in versions.
1. antelope atomic clock. ( at some point you will not want to ever use internal clocks and you will hear a tremendous difference in your effects: reverb , delay.
mics: bock 151-2 bock 141, too many neumanns, sony c-800
8 power conditioners
Monitors: 4 pairs of focals, 2 pairs equator audio .
Boards: access virus synth, roland phantom, motif.
MIc pres. Neve, manley, and empiricals.
Plug-ins: you know the deal on that.

When I copy the post from gear slutz i'll post it for sure. Since you like Reggaeton, fruity loops would be your best bet. You can get an mbox for much cheaper than 600.

Pusscrook

Messages In This Thread