rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Documentary about dying in the West

Documentary about dying in the West

A friend sent this to me after my sister died. I liked it so much that I bought Stephen Jenkinson's book Die Wise and am reading it now.

https://www.nfb.ca/film/griefwalker/

Quote:Quote:

This documentary introduces us to Stephen Jenkinson, once the leader of a palliative care counselling team at Toronto's Mount Sinai Hospital. Through his daytime job, he has been at the deathbed of well over 1,000 people. What he sees over and over, he says, is "a wretched anxiety and an existential terror" even when there is no pain. Indicting the practice of palliative care itself, he has made it his life's mission to change the way we die - to turn the act of dying from denial and resistance into an essential part of life.

It's better to get your coping tools in place before death happens, because if you or someone is dying, you may not be able to emotionally handle talking much about it.

Messages In This Thread