rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Landlord Collecting & Depositing Rent/Tenant Payments While Living Abroad

Landlord Collecting & Depositing Rent/Tenant Payments While Living Abroad

^^ I only have one duplex I am currently renting in a student town 2 hours from where I live in Canada.

I have a handyman who will do things such as collect the keys, make sure tenants are out of the place. We've worked together a long time and he doesn't mind doing little things like that as he's an older guy.

I have a young guy (25) who shows the place to new groups of students, does the credit checks and all the hustle. Prices is one months rent/year. Since I am out of town anyway, I am just as happy with him doing this for me.

I am looking into renting out my condo in Toronto as I seem to spend less time there. In which case I will likely select my own tenant, I have contacts in the consulting industry and there are always consultants flying in for long term projects in my industry, so hoping to leverage my connections to get a prime rate. I'm also a little lazy to move all my stuff out, when it suits the condo and doesn't really have another place that I would want. I've also considered using my neighbours who are real estate agents and live across the hall from the Condo.

“Where the danger is, so grows the saving element.” ~ German poet Hoelderlin

Messages In This Thread