rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Landlord Collecting & Depositing Rent/Tenant Payments While Living Abroad

Landlord Collecting & Depositing Rent/Tenant Payments While Living Abroad

Quote: (07-17-2018 03:31 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Quote: (03-30-2018 07:43 PM)Spaniard88 Wrote:  

A rental management company isn't something I'm considering for various reasons.

This is like making a thread saying you want huge muscles but dont want to lift weights

Unless you luck out and land the worlds greatest renters... you are going to need someone to be able to handle some boots on the ground stuff around your property and some kind of property manager is exactly the kind of thing you need.

I completely agree, my first 4 years of being a landlord I did it myself. I was local so repairs and such weren't an issue, but fortunately for me nothing really came up. I thought to myself, all these idiots giving propertly managers $100 to $300 per month just to collect a check, what a bunch of suckers.

Well fast forward a few years I wound up hiring a property manager. One morning I get a text message showing my house fucked up, doors busted in, windows broken ie every window downstairs. I didn't leave work, I didn't even have to lift a finger, everything was taken care of for me, I paid $1,000 homeowners insurance deductable and the property manager met with the insurance guy for me and handled all repairs. They even went after the guy in court and got me my $1,000 back. Even though I'm still local this would have been a huge shit show me leaving my office to oversee this stuff, dealing with angry tenants who want it fixed same day, what wound up happening was windows and doors needed to be boarded for about a week until repairs could be scheduled and done.

I can only imagine how difficult that would be local let alone being out of the country. You don't need a property manager or boots on the ground until you need one

Messages In This Thread