rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Emigrating to USA

Emigrating to USA

Quote: (03-27-2018 09:11 PM)The Black Knight Wrote:  

The hardest thing about sales isn't the conversations in my opinion; it's maintaining the will to keep going and working through the grind week after week while your head is in the guillotine. All the while many things are beyond your control since you don't run the company. There are lots of people with decent people skills; there are FAR fewer people who can handle the heat and pressure constantly for months on end. There is a reason that really good sales guys make a shit ton of money: they are a rare breed. It's not a great lifestyle long-term unless your personality is VERY tailored to the demands of it; even if you're super good at selling for someone else. If you're really good at it, you're much better off working for yourself in the long-term. If you're good at sales, you're already ahead of many business competitors who couldn't sell ice water to a dehydrated man in the Sahara.

Now I understand when people say running game is like sales. I felt this exhaustaion acutely last week. I couldn't bring myself to go out and run sets, even though my results were decent. Constant small accumulation of rejection eventually builds up.

Messages In This Thread