rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Feeling directionless, need life advice

Feeling directionless, need life advice

Quote: (03-15-2018 07:08 PM)arsenal2000 Wrote:  

Hi Nabuchodonozor ,

Had a couple of suggestions . Can you get a job where you can socialize and meet more new people. This would make it a more natural and easy way to meet new people. Also have you tried social groups like couch surfing , language tandems , meet ups etc as at these places it may be more easier to interact with people than cold approaching .

Not really, I'm going to be a software engineer most likely. Meet ups seem like a good idea if I can convince myself to go.

Quote: (03-16-2018 01:14 PM)Baphomet Wrote:  

Nabuchodonozor, you are not alone as this is a frequent theme here on Rooshv. One thing that I have recommended to others with similar social challenges, is a group called "Toastmasters International."

The Poland branch - https://toastmasters.pl/en/

They are typically very welcoming, and the structure of the group's activities promotes participation. Have a look and see if it might be something for you.

Yeah, I was thinking about it, I'm terrible at (and terrified of) public speaking, I will try that for sure.

Quote: (03-16-2018 02:35 PM)SiverFox Wrote:  

Join the local rugby team. Instant social circle, purpose and physical fitness.

I try to avoid heavy physical contact sports, I don't want to lose my other eye. Also I suck at team sports in general - my peripheral vision is bad.

Quote: (03-16-2018 03:04 PM)LINUX Wrote:  

When someone looks at you, is it obvious to them that you've lost your eye sight? Does the eye you lost your sight in look different that the other one?

Depends on the distance and angle but generally speaking when I'm 5 meters+ away, you're gonna notice something's wrong. Up close it looks better, similar to what John F. Kennedy eyes looked like. On pictures it always looks gross though.

Messages In This Thread