rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Working for a female boss.

Working for a female boss.

I have a rather difference experience, mainly because in France I worked with female bosses rather than for them. French people's disdain for hierarchy makes this a little bit less of a problem but it's still there. Here's what I think: female bosses can be horrible when the big male bosses are weak. They are ok if the company promote self-reliance and individual performance.

I have worked with some absolutely horrible chicks who made my life hell when I was an intern. However the guys in the office were supportive and told me to come see the director directly. I did. The big boss called the girl over for a proper talk. A few days later she came back to me with an apology and has been cool ever since. For what it's worth she is good at her job if you can ignore all her drama. I did learn a thing or two from her and that's where I learn some of my first lessons: everyone has something to teach you, even people you hate.

The job after my internship the management was absolutely fucktard, but they were not mean. Both the manager and the director were 30+ sex and the city chicks. They were so engrossed in their own stuff so they didn't care about managing their team really so we were not very efficient, however they were generally nice to deal with. I once did a big report the big boss and once that was done one day I found a nice wrapped bottle of good red wine on my table. Turns out she gave it to me to thanks me for the work. That's nice of her though I was just doing my job.

Then I got a new manager. Surprisingly she was extremely nice to me, but everyone says she was horrible. Couldn't care less. Work wasn't going as expected though and FWIW she took all the blame never tried to pass it down on me. That job was the shittiest I ever worked at 70% women and gays so eventually I left.

Now at my new company I have a much better life. 50/50 ratios and the girls were nice to work and hang with (might have something to do with the ratio itself). The bosses I work with both male and female just do their job and don’t pass their stuff to you. Here everybody is in charge of a separate project and the girls I work with prefer to do it themselves. And they were very supportive when I myself need help. Guessed it’s just my luck because the guy right next to me has to work with a very bossy chick.

Ass or cash, nobody rides for free - WestIndiArchie

Messages In This Thread