rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Project Managment

Project Managment

Quote: (09-18-2011 11:09 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

I'm curious how hard it is to get in, the basic requirements, and if Project Management Institute is worth the money.

In my opinion PMP certification is not worth it. Very few jobs actually require it, and even those who do may give you a pass on it if you have relevant industry experience. The whole PMP thing is kinda weird as they tried to make it irrelevant for the industry. This means that even if you only want to work as IT project manager, you still need to learn things which are only relevant to factories, supply chains, and so on. A newly certified PMP who hasn't managed any software projects before is essentially useless for a company, they'd rather hire someone who was a developer/QA engineer and grew up into management, even though they do not have the certification. Thing is, despite all the unification they tried to put, there is still too much difference between managing the release of a new operating system, release of a new drug and release of a new car line.

In short, it is not worth it. And yeah, I did take the PMP preparation course, and after the course I decided not to take the test, even though my company was willing to pay for it too.

Messages In This Thread