rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to clean/get rid of Mildew/musty smell from carpet?

How to clean/get rid of Mildew/musty smell from carpet?

A while back I accidentally dropped raw egg mixture on the carpet. Soaked a rag with water, did some wiping up with baking soda/vinegar, hoped everything would be fine. Although I would still notice the smell and repeat a few more times days/weeks later, and after which I would look up and guess it's likely a mildewy smell. So maybe wetting it had made things worse.

So I've tried the standard solutions of caking the area with baking soda and then vacuuming, and also spraying a mix of vinegar/water while being careful not to get it to wet and make things worse. But none of those seem to be making the problem go away entirely, and I wasn't paying attention to how bad it originally was so I'm not even sure if it made the situation better.

It's a bit frustrating but hopefully there's a solution that doesn't involve a lot of headache.

Messages In This Thread