rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

infringements notice for my website - please advice

infringements notice for my website - please advice

I got a email from Lonely planet asking me to remove there Lonely planet name but not forcing on it. I am not using their logo or refer to any of there websites/books etc etc. I want to keep the name on my site.

Probably some hater notified them and since the mail is from Australia and i got a serial hater ( guy ) from there.

Any (legal) advice on this ?

This is the mail i got :

Dear Neil Skywalker

I assist with the management of Lonely Planet Publication Pty Ltd’s brands, trade marks and URL addresses. It has come to my attention that you are currently using the Lonely Planet name in your blog Around The World in 80 Girls: The Not So Lonely Planet, found at http://www.aroundtheworldin80girls.com/, and on your business card.

As you may know, the Lonely Planet name is very well known, and is recognizable in many countries. For nearly 40 years we have worked to build a reputation in the Lonely Planet name, and that name has become synonymous with quality travel products and information. It is the subject of trade mark protection in a large number of countries internationally, and is the cornerstone of Lonely Planet’s extensive trade mark portfolio.

When other people or businesses use our name or logo without permission, it creates confusion for travellers, who may think we have endorsed a product that in fact we have nothing to do with. We request that you remove Lonely Planet from your blog name and your business card.

We would appreciate your prompt cooperation in this matter, and await your response within 7 days.

Regards,

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Messages In This Thread