rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Time Restricted Eating

Time Restricted Eating

Quote: (04-17-2019 11:57 AM)casa-nostra Wrote:  

Yes it work to loos weight , but you gonna loose much muscle also

People need to educate themselves before making random mindless comments, especially if such comments are untethered from any scientific citation -- and especially if someone just posted information about a study that directly contradicts what they just espoused.

In post #85, I just cited a study showing that intermittent fasting increases HGH in men by up to 2000%. Why do you think that bodybuilders are obsessed with human growth hormone? Answer: because it builds muscle.

Quote:Quote:

Fasting, meaning abstaining from food altogether, turned out to be a crucial component that ultimately allowed her to control the inflammation in her body, and she's been doing cyclical fasting for nearly 25 years.

Again, one of the things fasting does is activate autophagy, your body's cleanout process that cleanses and detoxifies the cell and recycles the parts of the organelles that are no longer needed, so that your cells behave more youthfully. But autophagy cannot remain continuously activated all the time. You also need to allow the cells to rebuild and rejuvenate, which occurs during the refeeding phase.

In her search for experts on autophagy, Whittel came across the work of Dr. Richard Wang, a dermatologist and autophagy expert, Dr. Beth Levine, whose focus is on exercise, and William A. Dunn, Ph.D., at the University of Florida, who has been researching autophagy for 30 years, among others. She then put together a protocol to build up her own health.

" … David Sinclair at Harvard … was sharing with me a lot of the insights around how we can reduce the impact of these accelerated agers. When you look at all the ways that we age — the effects of the DNA impact, the inflammation, the telomere shortening, all of these things — autophagy and the way that autophagy slows down as we age due to these accelerated agers, is at the foundation of the way we age.

So being able to activate [autophagy], and then also deactivate it, is something that is fundamental to the aging process. 'Glow15' is that protocol. What was so fascinating, when I first did it on myself, was that my energy skyrocketed. I increased my lean muscle mass and reduced my body mass index by about 6 percent, so I went from 24 to 18 percent [body fat].

I wasn't doing anything other than activating my autophagy. My energy, my mental focus, my sleep improved, and I just felt so much better. And I looked younger, for sure, so everyone in my world said, 'Hey, what are you doing?' Then I started to try it on my friends and family. Then some of my friends at Jacksonville University, some of the researchers there, said, 'Why don't we create a lifestyle study?'

So, we took a group of 35 participants, and we put them through this lifestyle. Every single participant achieved results … in 15 days, and that's how the book got the name 'Glow15.' They lost weight, they reduced their fine lines and wrinkles … they got off medications. It was truly remarkable, the benefits. So that's how the protocol was developed."

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic...8421631%0A

Messages In This Thread