rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Time Restricted Eating

Time Restricted Eating

Quote: (05-28-2018 02:23 AM)StrikeBack Wrote:  

From reading and watching and trying a lot of these over the years, the primary reason why they work is because overall you are consuming fewer calories. If you track your calories via something like MyFitnessPal, it'll be obvious. There are some other benefits but it's mostly to do with your lifestyle and ability to adhere to the diet. If you can only do big workouts in the morning, probably not gonna be able to skip breakfast and lunch. Some of the hardcore proponents of these diets are also on drugs / TRT which skew the results massively. If you're a regular guy with a regular job, your results "may vary".

By the way, never get your woman on any form of IF, including this one. They are built more for snacking on small meals over the whole day, unlike us.

If you watch the videos, there are more benefits than just reduced calories. They talk specifically about eating the same total calories in a restricted window and gaining a greater benefit vs normal extended windows. Other benefits include gut healing (tight junctions), lower inflammation etc.

For what it's worth, my ex did IF eating and loved it. My mom (71) also does it, and fasts for 72 hours every week. She also lifts weights and eats clean. Takes supplements and HRT. Has been doing this for years and years. She has the blood markers/bone density of a 40 year old woman and is very lean and has incredibly strong hands for a 71 year old woman (opens jars that would give soy boys trouble). The only thing that gives away her age is the skin of her hands (very transparent)

I realize she is an extreme outlier, but nevertheless women can certainly pull this shit off if they are motivated.

Messages In This Thread