rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

A Job in Investment Banking

A Job in Investment Banking

Tenderman is SPOT on.

I used this one at my interview for a job in Derivative Sales and I am fairly positive it got me the job above the other applicants. It applies to any career where you're going to be working in team with others.

When asked what I thought was most important thing to achieve when beginning a new job/the greatest challenge (I don't remember the exact wording):

"Creating trust with my colleagues"

This might seem obvious to a lot of people, but in IB there are a lot of asshats with zero emotional intelligence.

So.. if you're working by yourself, for yourself, you don't have bother with stuff as much (except when getting a new client on board). But in a career position where you'll invariably be working with others, this is critical - that your boss can trust you do the job and not fret over you. Think in terms of creating trust, and I am sure the rest will become easier.

A year from now you'll wish you started today

Messages In This Thread