rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Watches

Watches

Quote: (09-22-2011 08:19 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

These two watches were given to me. I have no clue about them.

Wow, great vintages. Hard to go wrong with a vintage Seamaster. That Seahawk looks great too.

On the other hand, that Breitling posted earlier looks like a gaudy trinket. Except the Navitimer (a classic chrono), their whole line up seems to consist of $200 ETA movements in $5000 over polished cases. Even though the one pictured does have a tourbillon in it.

If you have less then $5000 for a watch than don't spend more then $1000. Good sub $1k watches are Seiko and Orient.

The only watches that might be worth their value in between 1k and 5k are the ones that employ some form of higher tech like Damasko with their scratch resistant cases. Some of the Sinns also use that steel coating. Another interesting one is Bremont. The movement has a special caging of some sort, very shock resistant.

Not sure why all the hate with Rolex, their steel models have classic, sharp, and sober designs. I'd pick a Rolex over Breitling/Tag/Omega any day, especially as a daily wearer.

If I was going for Omega I would stick with vintages. After the quartz revolution they seem to have a hard time finding their place. If you buy a modern Omega than stick with anything that has a 8500 caliber in it. That movement was designed for Daniels' co-axial escapement, unlike the very crappy 2500 co-axial that has at least 3 major revisions in the last 10 years.

Messages In This Thread