rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Toronto Star: The Challenge of Reporting On China

The Toronto Star: The Challenge of Reporting On China

After living in China for 2.5 years, I'm seeing more and more the not so pleasant sides of China. The only reason I'm still here is that I'm building businesses, otherwise, I'd be out of here in the next 5 minutes!

One MAJOR point that really needs to be addressed by western countries, is the fact that we Westerners should follow a reciprocal set of policies on things with China. If say foreigners cannot buy houses and land in China, cannot work on a spousal visa or working on our business while holding a legit and proper business visa, that we have to report to the local police station (like a criminal) each time we return to China while being in China legally, or upon arriving at a very commercial city by train, being stopped and told to go to the police station booth at that train station to check your passport, then the very same should apply to Chinese when abroad. As simple as that.

Not to mention that they're making it increasingly difficult for foreigners to live and lead a normal life here by banning all the apps that we are using daily for both business and to keep in touch with friends and family. They want to ban Skype, Whatsapp, Youtube etc? Let's ban Wechat in the West and see how they'll react! [Image: smile.gif] Not to mention how hard it is to get the kind of food (say real proper bread and cheese or plain natural yogurt!) and other thing that we take for granted in the western world.

It is time for the Western leaders and countries to grow a pair of balls and stand up to them and stop letting them pillage our resources, our lands, our expertise and knowledge and dumping their cheap fake crap onto our markets while they put all kinds of barrages and BS "regulations" to allow us to do business in their land and access to their market.

Yes China is the biggest market in the world, however, it's only ONE single market, there are plenty of other markets out there that could be as lucrative for the smart entrepreneurs who have something valuable to bring to the market. The lure of that gigantic market is what is making us as western entrepreneurs and our countries being played. The lure and allure of access to that gigantic market is their only leverage on us. The root of all their power on us. Let's show them that there are other markets and that we don't depend nor need them as much as they do, then take away their power from us. And see how long their little game will last and their economy bubble popped in no time.

Personally, I'm already looking at suppliers for our brand of products in other countries as we speak as I'm just sick of tired of all the BS that we had to go through just to place one order with them!

Being on the ground, it's more and more obvious that the Chinese are becoming more and more cocky and arrogant. There's a very strong and palpable sense of superiority and nationalism that is fostered at all levels. The recent Lone Wolf movie, which was a blockbuster here is a great example of that.

Not sure if this is the best policy moving forward if they want to improve their image abroad and want to be the next super power culturally speaking. America and the West, their cultural dominance was built around a positive, likeable coolness about them, their culture, their traditions, their habits. The Chinese, all they're doing with their overly aggressive and overly arrogant approach, risk alienating themselves with pretty much the entire world if they continue on that path. Sure they don't give a damn, one could easily respond, but that kind of bullying attitude can only go for so long before the others decide it's time to stop that bullying, and then it'd be a rude awakening....

As to why that clown of Trudeau was received like a nobody is that because he is a nobody! Time for us Canadians to elect someone who does actually know what the hell he's doing, who has proper real world experience in both business and politics and has charisma. All things that Trudeau sorely lacks. Time for Canada to have our own version of a powerful, manly LEADER, like Vlad or The Don! Then see how we'll get respected by these leaders outside of our country!

Messages In This Thread