rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Toronto Star: The Challenge of Reporting On China

The Toronto Star: The Challenge of Reporting On China

Quote: (12-23-2017 09:13 AM)TigerMandingo Wrote:  

I dont get it. Why does China get shit for using manipulation and deceit to get an upper hand? Isn't that how the West, and especially the US, operates as well?

I don't know anything about international trade, so I can't comment on the validity of your statement. But assuming it's true, the answer is simply China has no game. People let a lot of shit slide if you've got game, but conversely they're very harsh if you have no game.

If you could categorize nations along Vox Day's sociosexual hierarchy, China would fall squarely in the gamma category.

This meme comes to mind:

[Image: 693.png]

They're very unlikeable on the international stage.

* supporting North Korea
* invading/occupying Tibet
* anti-democracy, 1999 Tianmen Square fiasco
* constantly picking fights with neighbors
* stealing IP from foreign companies
* supposedly cheating at Olympic Games with under-16y old gymnasts

That's some absolutely horrible PR, i.e. no game. At least when the US invades countries, it does so under the pretense of freeing the people from a megalomaniac dictator. In contrast, forcing the Dalai Lama to flee his nation and go into exile looks awful.

Vox Day mentioned gammas believe they're "secret kings" - they believe they're absolutely amazing and everyone else is just too stupid to realize that they should be king (hence "secret king"). As a consequence, they have a habit of lashing out whenever they feel insulted. That's China. See meme above and their response to Trump interacting with Taiwan.

Here's a relevant story - one I can speak about with a bit more authority:

In nuclear fusion research, there's a huge project being built in France called ITER, which is a collaboration between 7 entities (EU, Japan, China, India, South Korea, the US and Russia). Years ago, they were discussing which nation would build what part of the fusion reactor. In magnetic confinement fusion, the "wall" is an extremely complex set of structures. China threw a hissy fit because they were insulted by the notion they couldn't build a wall. Because you know, the Great Wall of China...

Most sane nations would pick the areas they're strong in. But leave it to China, the secret-king of nations, with no prior experience with tokamak walls, to get pissy about being told they can't build a tokamak wall. Willing to torpedo the entire project to salvage their own ego, all because once upon a time they built a large stone wall...classic gamma. (it worked out in the end, but it took a whole lot of effort to get China to concede)

Not happening. - redbeard in regards to ETH flippening BTC

Messages In This Thread