rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Planting & Growing your own food. Vegetables and/or Fruits

Planting & Growing your own food. Vegetables and/or Fruits

Quote: (12-15-2017 03:51 PM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

[Hey Kona, I bet you know the answer to this, so is there a risk of large roaches invading your house if you grow banana trees? Some Nigerians warned me about planting those for that reason and I never tried. I know that Hawaii is known for large roaches, and Texas has big nasty ones as well.

Yes.

Banana trees are generally filthy plants when let to grow and produce fruit. The sweetness in the liquids and the constant decay make them a roach haven. There's a banana section of the dole pineapple farm near my house. I've walked in it a few times, and there's all kinds of bad shit in there.

More than roaches, they get rats. My dad had a lot of bananas and shaking them rats run everywhere.

Also, as Harry belafonte warned, they hide the deadly black tarantula. That's not the case in hawaii, but they get the yellow garden spider. That's a good spider to have, but it's just scary to look at.

If you just have one plant, and you want it indoors, just buy a little one that's never been in a field. Soil and all. That should be OK in you clip it all the time.

Aloha!

Messages In This Thread