rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Monero (XMR) thread

Monero (XMR) thread

I believe privacy coins should be at the center of all crypto portfolios. For my judgement, Monero is the best. If you are technical, or just find technical chatter interesting, I recommend the Monero Monitor podcast. The developers involved in this community are non-trivial.

Bitcoin is a dog relative to most other altcoins in terms of transactions per second, fees and fungibility. Buy BTC if you want to hold it, but if you are interested in diversifying into altcoins, Litecoin is a better intermediary vehicle.

You can convert LTC and others to many other altcoins, some of which are seeing massive gainz, via coin tumblers. The best ones don't require an account. Two such tumblers are Shapeshift.io and Evercoin.

Research interesting coins and choose them based on their unique attributes, developer communities and keep in mind overall coin supply. Some altcoins have 100 Billion maximum supply which is a massive difference from BTC's 21M maximum.

Pre-mined coins and groups which are offering ICOs are essentially crowdfunding. Be very judgemental about them. Be mindful about coins that have deep institutional backing, i.e. banks, Silicon Valley VCs and corporations. This could be both good and bad. The same with coins originating from Asia - billions of potential investors or sketchy enterprise? Indeterminable at the moment.

Smart Contracts coins are a worthwhile play. Which one will be the winner? Incredibly hard to say. There are probably less than 10K people on earth who really grok what smart contracts are and what they could be. Speculative but tremendously interesting.

Beware coin fatigue! There are around 1400 different coins listed today. It's tremendously difficult to follow them all. Most investors will gravitate to top performers. Jerking yourself off about some obscure hipster coin with a flashy website and thin fundmentals could yield losses.

All of these coins are being exchanged on 24 hour markets - this is a new concept. Watch whats happening when Beijing wakes up. Some exchanges and tumblers have low traffic around 2AM New York time if you're having trouble loading sites. Pretty much everyone on Wall Street has baby boomer mentalities.

Stay plugged in and keep your eyes open. Madmen and criminals probably have good instincts. Good luck lads.

Messages In This Thread