rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I feel like the lone ranger here...

I feel like the lone ranger here...

Quote: (11-28-2017 05:29 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

Quote: (11-28-2017 06:12 AM)Dalaran1991 Wrote:  

And I still don't see why people believe that marriage is the worst thing that can ever happen to you. For every divorce horror story I hear, I see an old 70s couple walking hand in hand, kissing, and stay at the other's bed when he/she is sick or dying. Dont get married with a fuck up woman and in a bad environment, dont get married when you are dumb. Problem solved

The issues I have with this is that those couples you're talking about got married almost half a decade ago in a different era and different culture.

The risk is way damn higher it'll go to shit in a divorce.

I wouldn't say that marriage is the worst thing that can ever happen to you. Divorce, however, is right up there just below Cancer, and the incentives are just way too high. You won't believe the number of women who divorced for "happiness". Current list of divorcees I've recently banged:

* Divorced because he was bipolar and she'd had enough crazy. She's still basically in love with the guy.
* Divorced because the guy didn't want sex anymore. She cheated on him. (Not a great blowjob from her, incidentally).
* Divorced because the guy had chronic health problems that were bringing her down. Guy is still in love with her.
* Divorced because even though they already had an open marriage but the guy wanted too many rules around it. Chick is half my age.

I've seen an 80 year old man get taken by a 80 year old gold digger. I've myself been married to a hard line christian girl who had an affair.

It's not all just the women, there's definitely some bad behavior on the part of guys. But they way it's set up right now, there are very few reasons to get married and lots to get divorced. Incidentally, from what I've heard it's actually relatively easy to get common law treatment in my state. I've heard if you cohabit for 6 months, you're considered common law. There may be other circumstances. I'm positive that if you have a kid together, that counts. The state will treat you as married even if you never put a ring on it. Crazy world, huh?

Messages In This Thread