rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The best sandwiches in the world

The best sandwiches in the world

People have already mentioned the Phily Cheesesteak and Bahn Mi (two of my favorites), so I'll throw one into the mix that I believe is a top-five sandwich.

A Bake and Shark sandwich that can only be obtained in the Maracas Bay area of Trinidad. What makes it great is the fact that the two main ingredients are deep fried: the bread (called the bake) and the shark. Then you add a series of condiments that are mostly wet, like sauces and veggies. This provides an excellent contrast to the base. Crunchy on the outside, yet wet and juicy on the inside. Winning!

Andrew Zimmern (that fat dude from the food show) did a review of it. When I was in Trinidad, I followed his trail to verify the recommendation. It DID NOT disappoint.

"Action still preserves for us a hope that we may stand erect." - Thucydides (from History of the Peloponnesian War)

Messages In This Thread