rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The best sandwiches in the world

The best sandwiches in the world

Why are sandwich business profit margins so low?

Food is always going to have tight margins regardless which is part of the gamble.

I think traditional USA sandwich shops burn money as they have to purchase tons of expensive cheese and processed meats. Americans also love their expensive beef and lean chicken which is expensive. I would never touch a roast beef sandwich for example, as you'll make pennies on each sandwich. Pork is the way to go as it's cheap and versitile.

If you roast a bunch of pork loins in house and have a good bread and cheese connect then maybe you can get those prices down.

A guy I know was importing cheese from Europe for not all that much and would jack the price up from wholesale and even more for retail. He would age the cheese himself and then just blow up the prices and people never even thought twice. He would get wheels of cheese for like $80 and then could sell it retail for $18 a pound. He would do the same thing for ham as well. Just getting whole containers in and then temperature storing them from wholesale and retaglld

Messages In This Thread