rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

RIP David Cassidy

RIP David Cassidy

Quote: (11-20-2017 12:53 PM)debeguiled Wrote:  

Quote: (11-19-2017 08:59 PM)Conscious Pirate Wrote:  

Sigh. Susan Dey is how Cara Delevingne was supposed to look.

And still could. The only thing Dey has that Delevingne doesn't is a lack of hostility in her face.

The late 60s popular figures seem tame and demure by today's standards, but they were a huge cultural leap downwards from the 50s and early 60s. Delevigne is just the latest step down towards further cultural debasement:

Quote:Quote:

Delevingne also isn’t afraid to get real: At 22 she talked about her attraction to both men and women. She dated musician Annie Clark (stage name St. Vincent) for a year and a half, a relationship that taught her “what love was—real love.” In a rap battle with James Corden and Dave Franco, she joked, “I’ve hooked up with hotter girls than both of you combined.” And many women identify: “I love Cara Delevingne,” one fan wrote on Twitter. “Her openness about her sexuality…helped me accept myself.” Last year she took on another stigmatized issue, depression, talking about her own diagnosis in a series of interviews. “Mental illness goes unseen,” she said, “but I don’t want it to be unheard.”

Delevingne’s feminism goes deeper than words: She knows that many of her fans are teen girls, and she wants to break down barriers for them. She chose Valerian in part because of how her character, Laureline, a special operative tasked with saving the universe from a dark force, is represented. She goes headfirst into battle and saves her partner, Valerian, as much as he saves her. Delevingne is also hosting a girl-power docuseries with global sports brand Puma this summer, releasing a ­coming-of-age novel about teenhood this fall, and working with the U.N. Foundation’s Girl Up campaign, recently visiting Uganda to advocate for girls’ education. Shattering barriers? Embracing authenticity? Saying what she thinks? That’s the Delevingne Doctrine. She tells Aboah all about it, starting with some in-the-vault memories.

ADWOA: That makes sense. You’ve been working with the U.N. Foundation’s Girl Up. What has been the most powerful experience for you thus far?

CARA: Going to Uganda. What those girls want is so simple, an education. And with this Puma docuseries, I met a woman in Toronto who does classes for women in self-defense. She asked me, “What is your strongest weapon?” I said, “The fists? The head? The elbow?” She said, “No, your voice.” I was like, Wow, I feel so stupid—this is what I’ve been trying to talk about! She said, “Run at me.” I ran at her. She was like, “Stop!” with so much intention I flew backward. She told me, “You do it.” I did, and I felt so strong.

[glamor mag interview of Cara Delevigne]

ADWOA: One of the girls I work with through [my girls initiative] Gurls Talk emailed me the other day: “I’m thinking I’m attracted to women.” You started talking about your sexual fluidity publicly when you were only 22.

CARA: “When you were only 22.” That’s old to me.

ADWOA: That’s what I mean, this girl is 15.

CARA: I know 13- and 15-year-old girls who are like, “I don’t know if I like a boy or a girl yet. I haven’t decided.” And it’s like—[imagine] if I was able to comprehend [that at their age]. I am very happy how sexuality has become easier and freer to talk about, especially for kids.

https://www.glamour.com/story/cara-delev...-interview

“Nothing is more useful than to look upon the world as it really is.”

Messages In This Thread