rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Are Baby Boomers on the Cusp of Turning Nationalist?

Are Baby Boomers on the Cusp of Turning Nationalist?

I know it is popular to paint the boomers as the generation that destroyed the west, with cowardly men who lost control of their politicians and families by not doing what needed to be done. Or maybe helplessly overwhelmed too quickly by a system out to destroy our culture for control over the successful economies of a free western people...

Whatever the reasons, as I listen to my parents (early-mid 60s) and their friends and my other elder relatives and aqaintences, I think I'm hearing growing rumblings of discontent and guilt, especially from the men, over the way the world is becoming. There's a few factors which I think might just push them over the edge and unleash the biggest cohort of right winged voting we've seen yet.

1) They are retiring now, and no longer need to tow the company line. They seem to really resent having been stifled in the corporate world for the past 20 and especially 10 years.

2) Their wives are getting older, and with that the chances of divorce for sacking up and speaking their minds drops significantly. I think the news stories we hear from time to time about skyrocketing senior divorce are specifically premtively pushed to make elderly men more fearful of pissing off their wife than they should be.

3) Their sons are not getting good jobs. This seems to upset women and men equally, and makes them mad at politicians.

4) Their daughters are barren whores. This makes women sad and men guilt riden, for being shitty parents.

5) The neighbourhoods they lived in are turning into diverse shitholes. They might not know why exactly, but they are the only ones old enough to remember what it was like before, and that this new way of living isn't better.

I think that liberal governments think they'll keep the boomers on lock down with promises of low retirement ages and health care and bus passes... I don't think it's going to work, and that we are on the cusp of boomers saying a big fuck to the man, what they've wanted to do for decades but couldn't sack up and actually do it.

Better late than never, I'd say.

Messages In This Thread