rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Nashville Data Sheet 2017

Nashville Data Sheet 2017

Intro:

Nasvhille aka Smashville aka Nashvegas aka Music City.. it’s to musicians what LA is to models/actors. The population is about 700,000. The weather is decent year round, ranging from 8C in the winter, to 31C in the summer. It also boasts some delicious, yet a bit unhealthy cuisine. I consider it the anti-Vegas, substitute EDM for live music, fake bimbos for cute southern girls, $1000 bottle service for $5 beers and whiskey shots.. You get the point. They are similar in that it may not be worth visiting unless you are 21+.
[Image: BDZGdpQ.png]

The Girls:
Your stereotypical local will be the southern blonde belle type.. A cute southern accent, cowboy boots… probably a bit more religious than normal. Even browsing Tinder you’ll notice a lot of profiles talking about Jesus. While this may make them seem conservative, you probably won’t notice much of a difference. People are really friendly in this part of the USA as well, so striking up a conversation with a stranger is not a big ask. The guys were are all from the same basket.. If you are a fit guy who might blend in in the LA/ Vegas/ NYC scene, you’ll probably stick out a bit here, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Downtown Nashville is a different story though, I'll elaborate below.

Where to stay:

Ideally you want to stay as close to downtown as possible. The problem with that is the tourism took off in nashville much faster than the hotel industry could keep up. To stay close to the action, you’ll be looking at $300-800 a night. My choice of accommodation is the Nashville Downtown Hostel… privates there range from $120-180 and dorms from $35-45. The location is superb and the 24hr social room downstairs is great for meeting people. The talent is a bit better than your normal backpacker hostel as there are a lot of Canadians and Americans flying down for the weekend and this is the only reasonably priced place to stay. They aren’t strict on bringing guests back either. You could also check out airbnbs, but you’ll probably be an uber away before you get to a reasonable price level. You can also stay in Midtown, but don't get a place out by the Opry, it'll be a mission for you to go out and go home every night.

Day game:
Unless you are living here, I don’t see much of a reason to come here to day game… unless you are the type of person who would go to Vegas to day game. I’ll quote whoisgult from a previous thread on this.. But he also wasn’t too fond of day game in Nashville

Quote:Quote:

“That being said, there are a couple decent options. IMO the Green Hills Mall is THE place to do weekend daygame in Nashville. It's the nicest mall around, and closest to where all the wealthy-er white chicks live. Hell, I've stopped plenty of out-of-towners there, as well as chicks who have driven up to shop at the nicer stores. If you're a single chick with any sort of disposable income between 20-45, that's where you shop.

The other option is on 21st Ave near Vanderbilt. There are really two options: near Fido's in Hillsboro Village, and near Starbucks farther north (near CVS). This is exactly what Roosh meant by "low-traffic, pedestrian sidewalks near a college campus" (or whatever he said along those lines). At Starbucks you'll get the Vandy students, and Fido's you'll get a mix of Vandy, Belmont, nurses, singers, and a fair amount of hipsters. People walk up and down these streets all day long, so if you have the time, park your ass on a chair with a book or whatever and wait. Something decent will walk by.

Non-public places, ie College Campuses: Vanderbilt and Belmont. If you like black chicks, check out TSU. Otherwise, stick to the first two. Just wander around, act lost and do your thing. Note that Vandy sorority chicks are probably the hardest girls to pick up in all of Tennessee. I've literally seen guys with awesome game (notably my buddy from Miami who kills it) get blown out because he wasn't in a frat. It's a status thing here; for a good portion of these girls, they won't even listen to a word you say if you're not in a frat. Literally. Belmont is smaller, but you don't have the same issues. “

Nightlife:
There are 3 places to go for nightlife in Nashville: Downtown, Midtown/Gulch, and East Nashville

Downtown:

Downtown is tourist central. It will be loaded with bachelorette parties and fans of whatever team is playing the Titans or Predators that week. If I had to break down the average football game weekend it would be 60% fans from the team they are playing, 15% bachelorette parties, 15% vacationers, and 10% locals. That said, the ratio is typically pretty decent, and the amount of out of towners makes lays easier than normal. On nights with concerts downtown, there will be a higher ratio of locals than normal. I’ll outline a few of the hot spots below, but imagine a street with 25 bars, each with live music from 11am-3am every day. It’s not the cheapest place to drink.. $5-7 drinks/shots, but there are happy hours at a lot of places that you can take advantage of. There is a massive age range down here as well.

Tootsies
Tootsies is a staple in Nashville… probably the most famous bar in the city. There are 3 different levels and an outdoor patio, and at any given time there will also be 3 bands playing there. The top floor is a place I’ve had good luck in Nashville. Pro-tip, there is an entrance at the back that will allow you to avoid the line.
[Image: bt7vlgJ.png]
Honky Tonk
Another 3 level bar, honky tonk can be packed on the weekends, with lines around the corner. It’s a pretty social bar, with dance floors on each level. On quiet nights, the 1st floor here will be one of your best bets.

Paradise Park
Downtown is not a cheap place. Paradise park is. It’s a trailer park themed dive bar, with the specialty being $6 pitchers of Natty Light. Shitty bear, but for those prices you can’t go to wrong. They also have some good combos of tater tots, burgers, chili, and hotdogs for your late night snacking needs.

Wanna-B’s
The karaoke hotspot of downtown, this place is busy every night and extremely social. Lot’s of bachelorette parties here.

Aside from the above places, downtown is only a couple blocks so just walk around and see what is busy. It could be a Tuesday in January and you will still find something to do.

Mid-town/Gulch
This area of town is where you are more likely to find locals and students. It is closer to Vanderbilt University, and the prices are much more reasonable than downtown. It’ll be a mostly 25 and under crowd here. Similar to downtown, it’s really day to day on what is good and what isn’t.. Just hop around and find the hot spot of the night. Your typical alpha will do well here, hipsters not so much.

A local would have a better idea of where to go each night, but Tin Roof has a great happy hour. Winners and Losers, two bars next to each other, can be good. You can hit Broadway Brewhouse and try the Bushwacker. Rebar on Sunday afternoons when the weather is nice. Everything is pretty close to each other, so just head up there and bar hop until you find something that is decent. Flying Saucer can be decent as well.

East Nashville

This is a hipster area. I don’t have a ton of experience going out here so I don’t have too much to say about it. This is the best breakdown I found of some bars to check out, but if anyone else has something to add, feel free https://www.wannadolocal.com/nashville/b...-nashville

Music:
If you are in Nashville, it would be a shame not to attend a concert while you are there. Some of the most famous venues in the US are here, and Nashville has given the start to many legends in the industry.

If you stay overlays with a night of the Grand Ole Opry, definitely check it out. The Opry is a live radio show that features ~6-8 artists playing 2 songs each.. Everyone who is anyone in the country music industry has performed here.

The Ryman- the former venue of the opry, it’s a church turned concert venue. Even if you don’t go to a concert here, it’s worth doing the tour.

Country Music HOF- This speaks for itself.. Hosting everything from one of Elvis’s cars to Taylor Swifts guitars, it’s a great look back at the history of music.

The Basement- a legendary, and tiny, joint in Nashville, it’s hosted Metallica, Mumford and Sons, Dawes and others.

The amazing thing about nashville is you never know who you will see on any given night. I was at Tootsies this spring and Brad Paisley and John Fogerty (CCR) showed up to play a set. One tip I have is the following.

Pro-tip: Throughout the afternoon or before you go out at night, search Twitter for “nashville tonight”. It will be a list of people talking about what is going on in Nashville that night, and you never know what you’ll find. Could be a surprise album launch party by a big name at a small bar, could a festival you didn’t know about.. Just give it a search and you could be surprised.

Food:
BBQ- depending on who you talk to, there may be an argument on the best one in Nashville, I'll leave you this:
https://www.thrillist.com/eat/nashville/...s-best-bbq (PS: Memphis is way better when it comes to BBQs)

Fried Chicken- also a point of contention, all are pretty amazing regardless. My favorite two are Princes in East Nashville and Hattie B's at Midtown. Also, for the most caloric breakfast you could ever imagine, give Biscuit Love a shot.

Other things to do:
The Jack Daniels distillery is an hour or so outside of Nashville in Lynchburg.

I know it's touristy as hell, but the Pedal Tavern, a 15 person bike bar that you can drink on, is an absolute blast and great for picking up.
[Image: T5RSOPi.png]

Summary:
Of every city in the USA, Nashville is my favorite when it comes to spending the weekend somewhere. It might not be for everybody, but if you like live music there isn’t a better place in America. You probably won't have too much trouble picking up if you have decent game, but regardless it's worth trip.

Messages In This Thread