rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

On Style

On Style

Nice post, Hank.

I'd add just a few minor things:

A navy suit stands out relative to guys not wearing suits. But for chicks looking for suited up guys, it does the opposite - it blends in. I only run suit and tie w/cufflink game. Now, one can stand out with your accessories as you noted. I also agree with the never wear gold but that's just my personal opinion. Silver/platinum looks much better.

Congruency is always the key. Don't wear black suits, ever. Those are strictly for weddings, funerals and if you're the waiter in the establishment. N.b. Charcoal is not black.

I think the watch aspect is way overhyped around here. I also have a 1k swiss watch, and 2 classic timepieces I inherited. I have never seen any difference in girl's reaction whether I was wearing them or not, but certainly can be useful accessories. Girls just assume guys use their phones to check the time like they do.

Don't buy cheap, shiny suits. If you can afford it, get made-to-measure or bespoke. New clients can often get real nice discounts for made-to-measure because they know once you've ordered a couple you'll keep coming back esp as you earn more.

I wear all color suits and shirts and ties, carefully co-ordinated. A nice deep yellow tie looks great with many shaded of blue shirt. Tie and pocket square should not match, you're not Regis Philbin. You all know not to mix checks and plaids, right? Darker colored shirts are for nighttime.

Suit-shirt-tie should go from subtle to bold, or vice versa. A bold suit choice needs a quieter shirt and subtle tie. The bright orange, eye-catching, Hermes tie is for your subtlest navy suit.

Hank is again right when he suggests you should be dressing better than everyone else, esp at work.

OTOH, I have found no big differences in the types of girls who are attracted to me when I go out on the town suited up: rich, well-dressed girls, hipster/arty girls, casual jeans and boots college girls, tattooed girls, yoga fit girls. Opposites very often attract in pickup.

Messages In This Thread