rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Seeing a Dentist without Insurance

Seeing a Dentist without Insurance

Quote: (01-25-2018 06:30 PM)edlefou Wrote:  

Quote: (01-22-2018 01:38 PM)LowerCaseG Wrote:  

Gentlemen,

For those of you interested in dental work, I had phase one of a dental implant done in Bogota. I have nothing to compare it to, but was pretty much pain free from the time the Novocaine wore off. I will have to return for the crown in 3-4 months. Total price of the procedure not including travel = 3 Million Pesos = ~ $1000 compared to $4500-5000 US east coast. If you shop around you can probably get it for significantly less, but this is not something I am looking for the cheapest price for.

In and out 30-45 minutes. I would recommend wearing earphones because it sounds horrible. I will post the dentist once the procedure is complete with no complications. Feel free to PM me however. There is a hygienist who speaks perfect english.

This is timely because I just had to do this in Cali, where it cost a bit more.

I paid 1.5 million pesos to extract a molar and put in a bone graft and membrane for the bone to regenerate.

After 6-8 months the gap in the jaw bone where the molar was will be regenerated and I will get an implant put in.

2-3 months later they'll put on the abutment and crown.

They said the cost will be 4-4.5 million for the implant/abutment/crown. This is for a Straumann implant, which I'm told is the Cadillac of implants.

@LowerCaseG: Which tooth did you get done? Was it a molar? Did you need a bone graft? Does 3 million include everything, i.e., extraction, tomography, implant, abutment, crown? Is it for a Straumann implant? My 6 million cost would be double what you paid, so I should probably get it done in Bogota with your guy.

@doc holliday: What's your wholesale cost in the US for a Straumann implant/abutment/crown, if you don't mind saying? Is Straumann really the Cadillac of implants?

Yeah Straumann is a great implant, used by a lot of surgeons. Wholesale cost is about $700-800 start to finish for implant, abutment and crown in the US. Like I said, they sell to Latin America and other parts of the world a lot cheaper than they do to US dentists.

Messages In This Thread