rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Malaysia October 2017

Malaysia October 2017

G'day guys just got back(Plane landed at 3:30) from a trip to Malaysia to attend the MotoGp in Sepang. Here is a field report I have compiled of my trip.
It may not be as detailed as some of the other field reports,, but I think It will have some useful information nonetheless.

booking your trip
I booked my trip 4 months in advance, primarily around getting the right tickets for the MotoGp, and so that my flights and hotel cost's didn't balloon closer to the date. My friend that I travelled with booked all of his accommodation, flights and tickets to the GP about 2 weeks before. As such, he paid a lot more for tickets to the Gp, and sat in a worse section of the stands

Getting around
A trip on the train from KLIA or KLIA2 on the express train to KLCC costs around 55MYR. It's very straightforward and easy to use the public transport system in Malaysia. Especially with the way the traffic there can get.

I would avoid taxi's if at all possible, and use Uber/Grab when commuting around town or to clubs. From KLCC to Bukit Bintang I paid between 7-15MYR.

A taxi from KLCC to the airport will cost you anywhere from 100-225MYR. Depending on the time of day and where you get the taxi from. It will also take about an hour with no traffic.

Accommodation

I stayed at the Traders Hotel in KLCC, about a 5 min walk from the Petronas Towers, most shopping malls and several train and bus stations. highly recommend this hotel. It is located very centrally, the views are spectacular, and if you are a guest you get free entry to SkyBar. Which is usually 50MYR.

Nightlife
KLCC has some amazing bars/clubs that cater to people on all budgets, I will include a brief description of each one.

SkyBar One of the "places to be seen" amongst malays, lots of tourists, amazing views of the towers. Drinks are priced like those in most western countries, expect to pay ~$15-30 for a cocktail. Got approached by 1 prostitute. Girls here are focused on taking pics for Instagram, or are there with there bfs, not a good place to approach or start a conversation.

Zouk upmarket set of clubs in one building that caters to all music tastes. Very few westerners, mostly HiSo locals or HiSo asians from china/indonesia, as it is quite expensive to get in. I was the only white guy in the club. Good place to have a dance, didn't approach any girls, but had multiple girls come up to me, grind on me and dance with me. Girls here were pretty attractive, ranging from 6-9's. With the odd 4 scattered in as well. Didn't see any fatties. Malaysian guys will physically pull "their" girls away from you if they think that you are getting to close. Happened several times me.

SkyBridge Like SkyBar but better. No entrance fee, looks more upmarket and like a speakeasy, fantastic view, decently priced drinks, and it is way less busy. It's the perfect place to take a tinder date(more on that later). There is an outdoor balcony where you can sit/lounge and talk. Tipped the bartender 20MYR to bring our drinks out and then give us some privacy and not ask us if we want anything else to drink.

Beach Club Avoid like the plague. Generic hooker bar, similar to those in the Phills/Thailand. Full of drunk middle aged Aussies/Brits.

Gravy Baby Wicked speak easy bar, that has good drinks and decent food. Great place for dinner,pre drinks or a tinder date.

Bukit Bintang Streets lined with cool bars, highly recommend rabbit hole and the whiskey bar. great atmosphere and good crowds.

Getting Girls in Malaysia
My main aim when I was in Malaysia was to go to the MotoGp, getting girls wasn't on my radar. That said, it was very easy.

Tinder is your friend, use tinder from day 1. Include in your profile your height. I went from getting a match rate of about 40%, to 75% just by including how tall I was in my bio. Matched with a hot Chinese/Korean girl who studied abroad in my country. Spoke to her for 15 mins, then went for drinks at SkyBridge. We both bought 2 rounds each, she chatted to me about Malaysian guys and how thirsty they are, and how they all do the same shit and act the same. She stayed the night at my place.

Smile. Seriously, just smiling at people gets them to talk to you, they ask where you are from, then they ask YOU for your facebook/phone number.

Go to the MotoGp, had a family from Indonesia approach me and their daughter(she was 18) ask if she could take a photo with me. Said sure, while her mum was taking the photo, her dad has been video taping our whole interaction. Followed on by saying its my turn to take a photo with her. Got a photo, got her facebook.

Stroll around KL. I found the best places to see lots of pretty girls is KLCC park, and the water front directly near the petronas towers. The trick I used to to offer your services taking a photo of them, instead of them just trying to take a selfie. Chat to them for 5 mins and then ask them to show you around KL. Did this 7 times and got 7 numbers.

Sorry of this report isn't structured very well, it is my first time. I'm also tired.
I hope you guys find some use from this.

Messages In This Thread