rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Virtue Signaling Dissected

Virtue Signaling Dissected

Quote: (10-28-2017 05:15 PM)gework Wrote:  

[posting here for crystallisation, comments]
The proof of this can be seen in the disconnect between how the left treats their inherent victims who agree or say noting compared to those who disagree with their methods, narratives and goals. The left are so quick to shout "sexist" when a female Labour MP is given a challenge magically disappear or applaud at the jubilation of Margaret Thatcher's death and the prior calls for it; so quick to start shouting "coon", "porch money", "uncle Tom" when a Ben Carson, Larry Elder, Thomas Sowell, Tommy Sotomayer... doesn't agree with them; so quick to shout "anti-Muslim extremist" at Maajid Nawaz who says all the killing and violence in the Quran needs to be excised; ban the UKIP LGBT group from the London gay pride march as they don't fit in...

I've seen this quite a bit from Democrats here in America. They're notorious for doing this. Basically, since the 60's, they've long put Republicans in a no-win scenario on diversity and demographics. They state that there's no diversity and Republicans hate "whatever demographic", but as soon as one shows up, they call them tokens and dehumanize them. Republicans are damned if they do, damned if they don't so they don't bother to become inclusive. If a topic like GOP outreach were ever to be discussed, they just use the token phrase with smugness and arrogance and given an example when a Republican does something stupid or says something offensive. It makes them look bad.

The Democrats don't have this problem because they're insulated by diversity and there are a number of minorities who will take a bullet for them. That really isn't a fair fight.

I never forgot one smug white Democrat on a forum calling Michael Steele (former Lt. Governor of Maryland) an "uber-token" despite I don't think he saw the crap he went through when trying to run for Senate back in 2006 and when he was Lt. Governor.

It goes back to a point I made about diversity in another post: Democrats like it only when they have it and no other party shouldn't.

Messages In This Thread