rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Marriage (or LTR): Why?

Marriage (or LTR): Why?

Depends on what you want out of life...

From a legal standpoint, marriage really makes no sense except for the tax breaks, and ability to shield your assets in many states. (i.e., your creditors can't come after your house if it's jointly owned). On the flip side, there is always a chance you'll wake up one morning and find your kids gone, your furniture gone, and your wife gone (with all the money in the joint bank account) because she wanted to "find herself" with the pool boy.

Personally, I haven't found there to be much of a bias against my "Peter Pan" lifestyle. A lot of guys will talk to me in secret and be like "Dude, if I could do it again, I'd do what you're doing and just stay single, date, make money, fuck around, and travel." I don't get invited to "playdates", and I don't really know what people with kids do in their spare time, other than stay in and bitch about money. (Just last night one of my buddies wanted me to stay over, drink whiskey, and watch superhero movies. Dude is in his 50s. Wife put the kibosh on it and he was sort of pissed. Sometimes dudes just need male companionship.)

If you're the type of person who wants to co-habitate a house, have kids, or build a life with someone, you can still have a "companion" without getting married.

Again, it all depends. Personally, I'd rather just keep doing what I'm doing.

Messages In This Thread