rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

A refined travel guide for Sydney.

A refined travel guide for Sydney.

Quote: (10-25-2017 06:43 AM)Que enspastic Wrote:  

How much would you budget for living in these places OP?

Dudes above gave a decent idea. That said, you can offset some of the costs of your accommodation with food and drinks.

For accommodation, the low end is around $600 a week on Airbnb and $350 per week on flatmate finder. You can go much lower with hostels but I mean, it'll make it tough to bring girls home. Overall you can easily get away with $650 a week [On a holiday, but it can also blow out to a grand + if you're drinking heavy at bars every night].

So food and drinks [All easy to find on a google search]. At Bondi Junction there is a building shopping plaza called Eastgate, and on the top floor is an Aldi. You'll be able to get a bottle of vodka for $28 and a case of beer for $22.

Across the road from Eastgate is a tunnel called 'Bronka Arcade'. If you go around 4pm you can pick up large 5 pack of pork bun dumplings for $4, and at the end of the tunnel are two Chinese takeaway joints. Both will be selling plastic containers of rice w/chicken or rice w/beef for $3 each. They're big meals. You can buy 4 or 5 and have microwavable meals ready to go for the next few days.

For good alcohol, you can check out Kemeny's. It's a large Jewish grocer on Bondi Rd, around half a mile up from the beach. They've easily got the best range of alcohol in Bondi but it's a little over priced.

Another hundred yards up from there is a little place called Ruski's deli. It's a Russian cured meats and baked goods store. From here you find a range of low cost breads for 2-$3. They also have cheap meats and 1kg bags of Polish pierogi for under $8.

On Bondi Beach, there is a little vietnamese bakery joint called 'Hong Ha'. These guys were originally in Mascot [Near the airport], and are famous for having the best Bahn Mi in Australia. When I was a teenager, the owners of Hong Ha Mascot actually had their daughter kidnapped for the ingredient to their special sauce, but they didn't give it up. Eventually she was returned, and the recipe stayed in the family.

Back in the day, it used to be $3 for a roll but now they're 'famous' you'll pay $8. If you want to save money though, there's Vietnamese bakery joints everywhere with rolls at around $5 a pop.

If you're in the city during the day, Hunter Connection [A bit tricky to find even with Google maps, so asking someone in the area will help], has some of the cheapest food in the city. You can get sushi, Asian rice/meat dishes, and fried foods for under $7.

If you head down the escalator to the ground floor however, walking towards Wynyard station, you'll find a little Vietnamese joint which is awesome. They serve a tomato rice, salad, fried egg and a pork chop for $6.

All this said, I know when I travel I'm lazy as fuck and usually just eat, drink and go wherever is most convenient which blows out the cost. The dudes above have given a pretty accurate guide as to general prices.

Messages In This Thread