rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

John Carpenter's The Thing

John Carpenter's The Thing

Quote: (10-21-2017 09:41 PM)Syberpunk Wrote:  

Quote: (10-21-2017 08:52 PM)Long Haired Samson Wrote:  

Quote: (10-21-2017 08:25 PM)Syberpunk Wrote:  

Quote: (10-21-2017 07:45 PM)hedonist Wrote:  

Bad ass film just goes to show the difference between using creativity vs CGI these days, Alien/s was another example.

I liked the prequel but not near as much as the first....its such a shame they had real design/effects but it got cut for CGI.

10/10 for the bloopers/fuckups in this clip too! (screaming/costume change etc)

It's the small visceral things in old films, the randomness that doesn't look choreographed, the hot wire being screeched against the plate rising the tension.
The way natural GOOD flat lightning was used, like how most humans view reality when digital colour manipulation couldn't willy nilly be used as a way to stitch up an atmosphere and tone.

Predator and the original hard edged Terminator (1984) are my other two favourite films. James Cameron had little to no money then was no name and he was better for, it creating such a damn good film with great themes such as how to confront your inevitable death/destiny and maybe the human race how to prepare for that in the meantime and he never dived into ecological bollix. Michael Biehn was such a great actor with masculine presence and yet didn't have a meat-head like look at all, more Steve McQueen in a sense.

As an side note example, Mad Max 2 looks like an apocalypse road chase through Australia. Fury Road they just couldn't help themselves.

The behind the scenes b-roll is what I have preferred it to look like (not that it would have made up for the poor enough film) and it undoes all the great practical effects caking it in a comic book filter.

That's a great analogy. The scene where Reese gets the drop on the Terminator in the dance club with his sawed-off shotgun is an iconic scene. By the way I had thing for Sarah Conner back in the day. Hahaha.

So satisfying how visceral the original two were, great soundtracks as well
Good taste! Linda Hamilton was fit as hell and cute in T1. Definitely doable.

Also I've had a thing for the other Sarah Connor, Lena Headey for years.
I'm guessing she's be pure filth...[Image: tard.gif]
[Image: a02a439aa1c197b6e9e5b628c5bbdcea.jpg]

That was a good TV show. It was on a TV budget so it couldn't rely on fancy CGI to super expensive special effects. I wish the show had continued. Lena Headey in 300...Yes! Sadly Linda Hamilton has aged horribly. For only being 61 she looks like the walking dead. I wonder if she's a heavy smoker? Her voice sounded much deeper in the second Terminator film.

Messages In This Thread