rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tennis?

Tennis?

Quote: (04-28-2019 05:37 PM)SW15 Wrote:  

Local neighborhood leagues are one option. Go look at the USTA leagues in your city if you are in the United States. Private clubs also have leagues.

I'm 35, but have been playing leagues since my 20s. The most competitive tennis that you will find will come as a result of singles matches with other men. However, the best options for gaming females via tennis are group drill classes at private facilities and possibly mixed doubles league. I've done group drill classes at times, and I've not accomplished a lot with younger females there. It may take a while to find reasonable target females, but if you have the devotion to the game, there's a chance it could be a worthwhile avenue for pursuing females.

The other thing about mixed drill/group workout type classes is that you get in practice time, which isn't always easy to do for the working professional. With my own tennis, I would say that in the past decade, my ratio to live match time vs. pure practice or instructional time has been something like 95% to 5%. Many of the live matches over the years I've had have been non-league matches with male friends of a similar skill level to my own or the occasional match that I have had with a top tier female player who I would be looking to facilitate something romantic with as well.

Thanks for the insight! This brings back memories. I used to do USTA tournaments all the time, but never tried a USTA league. Never thought about private clubs.

I hate singles, felt like half my matches always ended up in a grind. Which was also thrilling at the same time, but not sure I want to deal with that again haha. I'd probably aim for more doubles just for fun, don't care if mixed or not. Meeting women I'm interested in would just be a bonus.

Messages In This Thread