rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Left shoulder pain - Can't work out since 10 months

Left shoulder pain - Can't work out since 10 months

Unless it's a severe issue try alternative upper body workouts. I've had relatively minor but still sometimes quite painful shoulder and elbow problems coming and going for the the last few years, and for the first six months - and still to some extent - I was completely unable to do any kind of overhead presses. Regular bench press was also out of the question, but alternatives that worked for me was getting the right hand position and angles with dumbbells (for chest, for overhead shoulder exercises they remained out of the question) and push up variations.
Sometimes just moving the hands a few inches or turning them a little can eliminate strain on the injured part of a join. For me with push ups for instance that means hands close together and angled a bit inwards.

I've since switched almost entirely to body weight and some dumbbell and elastic band exercises (I have a set of heavy duty Bodylastics bands). It seems that after hitting my late 30s after a couple of decades in the gym, some of my joints really appreciated a break from heavy barbells and other common gym weights. But I still have to deal with some shoulder and elbow problems.

Messages In This Thread