rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Paleo Diet

The Paleo Diet

Quote: (09-24-2011 09:56 AM)jariel Wrote:  

Just curious what are some meals you guys eat?

There are tons of sites with paleo recipes.

Quote: (09-24-2011 11:02 AM)babelfish669 Wrote:  

I don't make any recipes. Just straight up cook the meat in a flying pan on the stove.

The bulk of what I eat is - banana, coconut, sweet potatoes, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, spinach, lettuce/greens, eggs, grass fed ground beef, and salmon.

I do something similar. I load up on a few staples, and then prepare them in different ways, with different spices and condiments. You're better off learning how to prepare individual foods, and then how to combine them. Recipes often call for a daunting number of ingredients and steps. It's way easier to start simple.

I just started the Perfect Health Diet I mentioned earlier (Paleo plus white rice, cream and potatoes, with less fruit, less protein and more fat)

What I've eaten in the past week: White rice, eggs, rotisserie chicken, cream, butter, olive oil, hamburger patties, sirloin steak, shrimp, frozen stir fry vegetables, spinach, potatoes, blueberries, bananas and protein powder. In the past I've slow cooked pork shoulder and chuck roast as well.

I'm going start experimenting with Indian and Oriental dishes, which are compatible with the Perfect Health Diet. I've seen paleo recipes that try to reproduce classic dishes like pancakes and pizza, but they're just too much effort for a mediocre offshoot of the original.

One of my favorite snacks now is thawed blueberries and heavy whipping cream. With some white rice and protein powder, it would be a complete meal.

Messages In This Thread