rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Paleo Diet

The Paleo Diet

Quote: (01-22-2013 11:58 PM)Ziltoid Wrote:  

Quote: (01-22-2013 11:45 PM)Hades Wrote:  

For your specific question, nobody is sure why hybridizing wheat changes it's properties. All that can be certain about the issues with modern wheat can be determined empirically.
It would seem we have different definitions of the word certain; correlation is not causation.

I'll pass on the book... No offense, I've just heard it all before.
It's mighty peculiar that the only people who happen to be enlightened by the alleged empirical evidence here are anti-GMO pinko nutcases or people in the paleo diet camp (seems an overlap might be emerging, maybe something to keep an eye on).

If there is a correlation to be paid attention to anywhere in all of this, it's that eating refined and processed foods (the vast majority of which all wheat nowadays is) is bad for your health.

What are you talking about? If I say that it's certain you steadily lose weight (mainly abdominal fat) under the condition of wheat cessation, then correlation (wheat consumption) does imply causation (being a fatass).

You can play lurking variable all you want with a non-statement like "avoid processed foods" but if you get more dramatic results by eliminating all wheat then such is not a significant factor.

There's people who avoid all kinds of empty calories like soda, booze, and what most people consider processed foods, but they still can't lose weight until they remove wheat products. These are the same people who have "tried everything" and gotten no results already. The book and links elaborate on this significantly. Didn't you read any of the links I posted?

Messages In This Thread