rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Paleo Diet

The Paleo Diet

Quote: (01-22-2013 10:48 PM)Hades Wrote:  

Quote: (01-16-2013 10:36 PM)kbell Wrote:  

*Well the wheat thing is important due to how much issues the modern crop causes outside of celiac. Its a GMO crop being sold as a health food, like soy. Its been so modified its vastly different to the species eaten 40 years before.

*LDL and HDL are not the same. One takes fats to a cell, the other takes them back to the liver and is a different shape and size. You do need both to live. And if your LDL is too high its possible thyroid problem which does make weight loss hard. The thyroid hormones are used to control metabolism. I wouldn't totally discount cholestrol

*Fiber is a joke for digestive issues too. Certain probiotics like kefirs seem to work well. Squats, and lots of water helps too. Over do oil can do it as well. Greasing up the shoot.

This is correct. It's pretty easy to argue that modern high-yield dwarf wheat basically invented the current obesity epidemic if you can accept the premise that the wheat artificially induces appetite. "Whole grain" notwithstanding, pretty much all wheat is nutritional garbage.
I see a few people here stating it, but, I'd love to see somebody actually argue it.
How does making wheat hardier with simple genetic modifications, for the purpose of increasing the overall yield of the crop, radically change the nutritional properties of said wheat?
Gluten content? Starch content?
Please, enlighten me.

Messages In This Thread