rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Winter 2017 Vacation Recommendations

Winter 2017 Vacation Recommendations

Quote: (10-12-2017 08:11 AM)Chavdoctor Wrote:  

Thanks for the informative discussion, I agree with most of your advice, i appreciate your comments on Seoul - I'd really want to go when better weather) and singapore.
My conclusion is similar to yours.. Thailand, Vietnam +- small island /beach trips when convenient would be the perfect choices.
Anymore info, tips on saigon weather and why you like it so much? I went to Bangkok last winter and loved it so it's my first choice right now. I've got enough time to visit both cities on this TRIP. Bangkok was lively and as you say, great service industry.

About euro med destinations... Cyprus, Malta, will be popular with family / couples from Mainly western Europe Brits, Germans, Italian, French, Scandinavians (they like Canaries à lot though) etc and def off peak season and quiet.. (I've been to Cyprus in november before, great weather but not lively at all). I've got 12-13 days of leave so I'm def crossing off local euro destinations (much busier and better may - sept) and like you, have narrowed it down to SEA.
Yeah if you do go to Singapore some other time, i'd make it like a 3 day trip max, and use it to go explore Malaysia or Indonesia after.

I think if you have enough time, just do both Bangkok and Saigon. You know exactly what you're getting in Bangkok, and should be getting similar in Vietnam.

Yeah I don't think euro med places will be good for going solo without any kind of local network. You mostly hook up with other tourists/vacationers, and off-season will leave it quite dead. I suspect most of the places will be the same.

So yeah, like you said, very favorable for SEA picks, or if you are really craving a certain nationality in Europe just go for it (with the only benefit being less tourists).

I'm so tired of Asian girls though...

Quote: (10-12-2017 08:38 AM)Chavdoctor Wrote:  

Also... We didn't touch on Indonesia... Jakarta or bali worth a shout? Although I don't want to meet loud brash Aussies, they're accent in particular irritates me

Jakarta is fine, but it is fairly dirty and traffic is terrible. I would put Jakarta as 2nd choice to Vietnam/Thailand. I think bali is really overrated, and I feel it is more one of those places you'd take a date than go to pick up girls. I guess you could stay in Seminyak. But really has nothing to offer compared to thailand and vietnam. And filled with drunk aussies.

Manila in the Philippines also isn't a bad option.

Asia is probably the play here. I really want European women instead, but I know the quality I would get is better from doing long term instead of this short trip.

Messages In This Thread