rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Relocating to set up roots

Relocating to set up roots

I found thread very interesting.

What do you exactly mean by setting up roots?
I think that the roots include...

1 marriage
2 social circles
3 work which you cannot do in your country

I know 3 isn't the case for you, because you have a location independent type of job.
Then, how about choosing a country based on the people (or the general personality traits)?

In my case, I've been in Australia for more than 4 years, but honestly I haven't develop roots here, at least by the definition I mentioned above (i.e. I don't have many good friends and I'm still single).
As my current visa is going to expire in the next year, I'm thinking about moving to another country, because nothing strongly ties me to Australia.
(I don't mean to offend Australian forum members... Australia is a very rich and comfortable place)

If you want to save money, then SEA or China would be better.
However, in my view, just saving money won't help you develop roots.
Also, being surrounded by exotic scenery won't help you develop roots either, since you'll eventually get used to it.

You speak Russian, so how about trying somewhere in EE or even FSU (including Central Asia, such as Kazakhstan)?

PS.
Let me know if there is anything which can be seen as a "root"

Messages In This Thread