rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to maintain muscle while doing intense combat sports?

How to maintain muscle while doing intense combat sports?

Whats up fellow sportsmen,

I finally found a combat sports that I love, so I’m doing HEMA/Historical Fencing 3 x 4h per week. For those who are not familiar with it, it’s basically sparring-focused MMA with weapons, wrestling, punching, all while wearing up to 8kg of armor. Up to 20 if it’s steel-on-steel contact.

Without saying too much, suffice to say that by the end of every night I sweat enough to fill a lake.

Now, I have never felt this good during the last 2 years so I’ll keep doing it. However, with this 3 x 4h schedule plus 4h of Aikido per week (non-negociable because I’m training for my black belt), I have absolutely no time for the gym at all. Especially since it’s nowhere next door.

I’m really concerned about losing my muscles with so much cardio. I suppose this will help me get the abs more visible, but I can’t stand losing my pecs and arms.

Took a look at the HEMA clubs and the people are either extremely skinny or extremely huge (without any muscle at all), and I have no desire to look like that.
I have a set of dumbbells at home but nothing above 20kg / 45 lbs.

Would bodyweight training and other home exercise with the materials I have be enough to, at least, keep the muscles?

Would eating more protein helps?

Thanks guys,

Ass or cash, nobody rides for free - WestIndiArchie

Messages In This Thread