rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Perspicacity fitness journal

Perspicacity fitness journal

Have been feeling like I lost weight this week and indeed have dropped a couple of kilos to 81.5kg. Been slacking on the GOMAD. Feeling hard to keep up the weight gain with this amount of training without spending too much money or constantly guzzling oats and whey.

Life has become a cycle of eating, shitting (in toilets or in my pants), chugging milk, training, working, not sleeping enough (but substantial improvement on this front the past week or two), waking up in the night once or twice to piss calcium, and maybe an evening or two of dancing if I'm lucky. Hard to maintain the all-day mental sharpness I had when I was eating once a day at 900kcal-1500kcal and not training.

I'm kind of loving it, but still working on making it sustainable. (Next step: week-long chicken and broccoli meal preps?)

So far boxed three times this week (with a good sparring session; it's starting to come together a little) and carried on with SL 5x5 (including a close call where I shat myself a bit during squats--broccoli is powerful stuff--but it didn't make it to my clothes so I was fine to wipe up right after the set...)

Boxing footwork is getting better despite additional weight. Footwork and punches more explosive/powerful despite being fatter.

Knees have started getting a bit of pain. Not too worried yet since it usually occurs after sitting and it's probably just tight quads. OTOH I've never squatted this much and probably never trained so much overall work before, so maybe it's actual knee issues. If so, it will probably resolve itself when I start failing 5x5 and drop down to 3x5 then 3x3 then 1x3.

On that note: One of the coaches at the gym (who knows his shit) said if he were coaching me for lifting then he'd probably put me on 5/3/1 and have me squat only twice per week but deadlift twice per week and bench three times per week (three workouts total).

I reckon I still have gains to be made from 5x5 to 3x5 to 3x3 to 1x3, but this makes me more inclined to go with 5/3/1 after that.

Recent/next lifts are (all 5x5 increasing 2.5kg when passed except deadlift 1x5 increases 5kg):

Squat: Done 117.5kg (259lbs); next is 120kg (265lbs).
Bench press: Done 85kg (187lbs); next is 87.5kg (193lbs).
Barbell row: Done 95kg (209lbs); next is 97.5kg (215lbs). (These are not strict but right now I'm happy to just do them with what lets me pull the most weight.)
Overhead press: Done 60kg (132lbs); next is 62.5kg (138lbs). (Left wrist is twinging a bit on this, and occasionally during boxing glove pushups, which is an issue I had before.)
Deadlift: Done 175kg (386lbs); next is 180kg (397lbs).

OHP doubles at 70kg (154lbs) at end of boxing/lifting workouts becoming consistent.

Messages In This Thread