rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Just had my 28th birthday..didnt feel too good..

Just had my 28th birthday..didnt feel too good..

OK, so you aren't satisfied.

You have one of two options:

(A) Learn to accept what you have an adjust your attitude as necessary. I've recently done that myself, as transitioning out of the student phase mentality of always having the eye on the prize and planning ahead to the next step became a lifestyle for me in the 9 years that I was focused on university level study.

However, the phase of life is over and I had to adjust to appreciating and enjoying what I have now (and taking advantage of all the great opportunities my current situation offers) instead of ignoring and missing out on all the blessings of the present just to chase the next big thing.

(B) Decide that you can never accept what you have now and create a plan for achieving the lifestyle you actually want. This is risky business, however, because gaining the material things that you seem to desire will probably simply led to more dissatisfaction and new unfulfilled desires.

The trick here is to learn to know yourself well enough to know what you really want and plan accordingly. I've also done this myself, by determining the things that I actually enjoy (and realizing that they are well within range of my grasp) and making a plan to make them accessible to me. My plan included no longer working on Thursday and Friday (because since I must work on Saturday and Sunday to meet my financial obligations, there's no good reason not to socialize on Friday, a day when people tend to be more free to meet up). I also put a bunch of time into investigating housing options in Beijing to find a neighbourhood to live in that was not too expensive, but also highly accessible. I won't bore you with the additional details of my plan, but I'm confident that there are means of achieving a more satisfying life right now and in the future without going down the road of pointless acquisition.

For most people, the best satisfaction in life will come from having good relationships/friendships with quality people who you can share time and conversations with.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Messages In This Thread