rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Globe and Mail: Why are good men so hard to find?

Globe and Mail: Why are good men so hard to find?

Quote: (09-24-2017 10:00 AM)Vaun Wrote:  

This article entirely blames men. She makes a very thin, laughable argument that the only reason men needed women for is sex. Sex has been available to men from the beginning of time.

Men married and marry women now for support. To multiply their resources by helping to create a happy, stable home, with healthy off spring. To assist them men as they go out and slay dragons, build empires, or even just pick up trash.

Lady, its not just sex.

Exactly...but, to be fair, there is some element of that present. Women aren't the only ones who've bought wholesale into the pipe dream of the urban, sexually promiscuous, unattached person that in reality only works out for the extremely wealthy and/or famous.

What doesn't get talked about much on this forum (understandably, since it is a men's group) but probably should get mentioned since it effects us is how badly these changes have impacted women's sex lives......in particular the ones that actually do want to get married. The good women I've known have felt enormous frustration in that area and a pervading fear that if they don't put out right away then any guy they're interested in will just ditch them for one of the overwhelming majority of men who will.

It is enormously difficult for the women who do want to stay virgins. They have to deal with the ridicule of peers (were constant rumors going around my wife had been a lesbian....nope, just grew up hardcore religious), constant pressure by media denigrating their lifestyle and glorifying being "independent", guys who will try to badger them into breaking their vow/goals, a complete lack of positive or traditional role models, etc.

Even daily things like the swimsuits available at the store to them push them away from their values and towards being slutty.

There is something to her Tinder complaint. We don't always see it from our perspective but finding the guys who are actually marriageable is hard for them. First off the wide majority are completely unsuitable for it (drug use, can't hold down even a low paying job, just plain stupid, etc) and many of the ones who are will be guys who have successfully beta-ized themselves enough that they can fit into larger companies with HR departments. From what I see most of the guys who actually are great tend to be 40+.

I mean just think about it. You all know what the average dude is like these days. Now try to put yourselves in the shoes of a girl who's...let's say a 21 year old religious, dress wearing virgin and working in a more traditional job (like a secretary, daycare, etc) just to hold the bills down until she can fall in love, get married, and have her babies. Let's say she's someone you care about like a younger sister or a daughter. Now flip through your memory and think of 20 random dudes you know( co-workers, etc) in a decent age range (let's say under 30). How many of those dudes would you feel comfortable with her marrying? I'm willing to bet for most of us, will be 1-2 at MOST.

Now do the exact same thing for a girl who's in college. Think about how many of those guys would be suitable.

It's easy to lose perspective in this bubble but keep in mind that most guys out there tend to either be fat betas or gravitate towards one of the various douchebag stereotypes that pop culture holds out for them to latch onto.

I feel a huge amount of pity for anyone, male or female, that's looking for a marriage these days.

Messages In This Thread