rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Important interview - How to tame my inner Alpha?

Important interview - How to tame my inner Alpha?

I have a very important interview, literally the opportunity of a lifetime, and I really don't want to screw it. I've done my research and I know it will be a bad cop interrogation designed to find inconsistencies, make me lose my cool or break under the pressure. My main worry is that, according to the feedback I get from people, even if I'm just trying to be cool there is a certain dominating, intimidating undercurrent emanating from me, which is not helped by the fact that I have a very deep voice. My experience tells me that men in an alpha position are very sensitive to anything they might interpret as a challenge to their authority.

I'm worried that, if I feel challenged, my primary instincts might take over and I might try to out-alpha them, even if unconsciously. For instance I expect a lot of questioning about my private life, a subject I tend to be guarded about, and I fear that, in response to a question like "How come you're not married? That's weird" I might reply "I can't see how this is relevant to the job at hand" instead of coming up with some platitude like "I'm commited to my career". At the same time, it's important to show I'm not a weakling who crumbles under pressure. I'm having a hard time trying to find the right balance in my head in terms of body language, voice tone, etc. Since this is extremely important, I would welcome feedback from you. Thanks.

Messages In This Thread