rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Thailand: A good country for older men.

Thailand: A good country for older men.

Quote: (09-13-2017 11:54 PM)MRG1946 Wrote:  

Quote: (09-13-2017 11:45 PM)lodzoser Wrote:  

... experiences with Chinese Thai ... What kind of experiences? Business or relationship? Any example of bad to neutral experiences?

Thank you for asking.
This is an important topic for long-stay expats in Thailand.
I have a very long list, mostly business, but some relationship.

But I'm not going to post on the public forum here.
First, there is a forum rule to avoid discussing race as race.
Second, on any public forum these days, there are many, many, "volunteers" in the Politically Correct Police.
No need to stir up that hornets nest, eh?

So, if you are interested in discussing that topic, I invite you to PM to me.
Anyone else interested in this topic, too.

I think that you are really broadening a very narrow restriction on the discussion of race in the forum. Thoughtful comments on how to successfully navigate and immerse yourself within a culture by discussing a sub-culture (Chinese Thais) clearly do not violate this rule. Moreover, a discussion of ethnic-Chinese Thais is a discussion of a nationality or ethnicity (Chinese), not race. So, fear not. I enjoy your insights. Interesting thread. Forum Rule #3:

Quote:Quote:

3. No race or political baiting. It's okay to talk about race if that's the topic, but no geo-political discussions on why one race is superior or inferior to another or why an upcoming race war in X country will be bad. Newbies under 50 posts are not allowed to participate in race or political discussions.

Messages In This Thread