rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How do you deal with infatuation

How do you deal with infatuation

Quote: (09-07-2017 03:51 PM)DarianFrey Wrote:  

Been thinking about this as well lately. And let's not kid ourselves; the way you phrase your OP implies something akin to a 'oneitis', aka. THAT girl that keeps occupying your thoughts. Especially when you have established abundance.

Right now, I'd ask why fight those feelings?

There's nothing wrong with getting feels - after all they're there for a reason if the girl in question is really "your type" - but be careful on acting on feels before a true relationship is established and defined.

Enjoy it as long as you can keep being the cool guy that initially got her into bed. Drown it out if it makes you want to triple-text her when she hasn't responded to you for 3 hours.

Certain phrases are rehashed here in order to forge and maintain a certain coldness, like "Hoes ain't shit" etc. I don't disagree with them 100% since the have a use, but the fact is that unless you're a stone-cold playa you're going to fall for a girl hard at some point, and hopefully she'll fall for you too.

I say enjoy the ride. It may fade, like love usually does (paraphrasing LINUX). Be grateful that you have it in you to establish and form that kind of connection; you will be richer from the experience.

Hey, thanks for the answer.

I don't want to belabour the point of whether it is oneitis, just that I suppose finding a woman is amazing isn't necessarily a bad thing - what is bad, what I would call 'oneitis' is being needy, is believing this is the one and only, etc.

I suppose that what made think of this is exactly an inner disagreement with the whole 'hoes ain't shit' mentality. That is, I can see how great it can feel to establish a deep connection with a girl, it almost feels like it's... A good thing. Oh the scent of a woman [Image: tongue.gif]

Now, clearly if game has taught us anything is that one shouldn't just 'accept and go mad' with your feelings of infatuation for a girl. To some extent you will have to fight your natural reaction (texting her non-stop, 'opening up' completely).

So there must be the right median to be achieved. And in my case, because I'm currently trying to be very careful not to get into a relationship too early I might have erred too steeply on the side of caution.

Messages In This Thread