rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I'm ignored and treating me like the black sheep of the family

I'm ignored and treating me like the black sheep of the family

Quote: (09-06-2017 03:21 PM)El_Gostro Wrote:  

Here's a data sheet for indian newbies that have problems with their family:

If you live in the west, you are free to fuck off and leave your allegedly cunty family behind, never to hinder you again.

Which may well be the remedy for OP, but don't underestimate the power that family and your surroundings have on you.

My family was absolutely toxic, in the worst possible way: they were seemingly fine and loving, but behind closed doors, there was no affection between anyone, and my dad was narcissistic and mean - he would go out of his way to humiliate my mom, he was quick to shout and punish for the slightest transgression, set decency rules that would apply to everyone in the household but himself, but on the flip side, I can count on on hand the amount of times he was encouraging, uplifting or in any way congratulatory.

This doesn't sound terrible, which is exactly the problem. Living in these conditions through decades creates serious emotional issues that damage every aspect of your life, and when you realize its seriousness, havoc has already been wreaked.

But outside counsel, because things seem fine, has always been to stay close to the family and listen to them. I am 30 now, and only last year did I fully accept that they do not have my best interests at heart.

I wrote all that, because every time I share a bit of my story, it is cathartic and it helps a bit. But also to put things in perspective for people who have never gone through anything similar and think the solution is just to "man up" (which I tried to do throughout the whole thing, but in hindsight, I didn't even know how to do that).

That is where a community like this one, once properly sensitized to the issue, can really help. I have learned more about being a man through the Red Pill and books like Roosh's than through decades of living with my dad. But if young men don't feel welcome here because they aren't being understood, that's another life damaged and disempowered that could have otherwise become another strong man fighting for his life and helping set the world straight along the world along the way.

Messages In This Thread