rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Berkeley protest (August 27, 2017)

Berkeley protest (August 27, 2017)

Quote: (08-27-2017 05:21 PM)debeguiled Wrote:  

In another thread I optimistically posted a statement by the new chancellor at UC Berkeley reaffirming the university's commitment to free speech:

About that...

[Image: christ280.jpg]

Remember: "Hair above the chin, subversion from within." Based on experience and instinct, I don't want to trust a woman who looks like John McCain.

Quote:Quote:

While at Cal, she helped shape the school’s response to Proposition 209, a 1996 voter-approved law that barred public colleges in the state from considering race in college admissions. The percentage of black students at Berkeley is around 3 percent, half of the 6 percent of California’s population that African Americans comprise statewide.

“I’m very concerned about that and it’s going to be one of my high priorities,” Christ said.

When she came to Berkeley, women made up just a fraction of Berkeley’s faculty. “I remember what that felt like and I can only imagine what African American students feel like being only 3 percent,” she said.

See? The laws don't matter, because she feels.

Christ also served as faculty assistant to the chancellor for the status of women and as Title IX compliance coordinator during her first turn at Berkeley so she has long been familiar with the problem of campus sexual assault. “Now there’s this sense of both anger and a sense of self worth that says no, I shouldn’t be treated this way,” she said.

Christ, a self-professed “child of the women’s liberation movement,” plans to approach the issue by having “conversations … that cut across different groups.”

Social Justice Reform Judaism detected.

Her spouse was Berkeley Academic Paul Ayers, who died a few years back. Given his... appearance, I wasn't surprised to discover that he co-signed this letter back in 2003.

PEACE IN THE MIDDLE EAST:

AN OPEN LETTER FROM AMERICAN JEWS TO OUR GOVERNMENT

Which, as expected, is Reformism challenging Zionism.

In fact, both the Israeli and Palestinian peoples have suffered great wrongs at the hands of the other, albeit in different and unequal ways; both have legitimate grievances, legitimate fears, and legitimate distrust of the other people's willingness to compromise for the sake of peace.

Though the signers of this letter have a wide range of views about the blame for the present situation, we have a common view of what a solution will have to consist of.

Incremental attempts at building trust have reached an impasse. The only alternative to endless war is a comprehensive settlement based on simple but radical principles:

-- Israeli and Palestinian lives are equally precious.

-- The Israeli and Palestinian peoples have equal rights to national self-determination and to live in peace and security.

-- The Israeli and Palestinian peoples have equal rights to a fair share of the land and resources of historic Palestine.

Fair-minded people throughout the world have long understood with some precision what a tenable solution, respecting these principles, would entail:

-- Two national states, Israel and Palestine, with equal sovereignty, equal rights and equal responsibilities.

Obviously, the takeaway from this is this Chancellor is not a friend of the right, and her interests in free speech are only about allow the staff and the students of the University to criticize Israel from a Pro-Palestine perspective, and, therefore is not to be trusted.

Don't take the bait.

EDIT:

Have a read, understand the ramifications. Note all of the groups who signed the letter, and who they sent the letter to, and who was acting VC at the time this course was reinstaed.

http://www.smobserved.com/story/2016/09/.../2004.html

Do you see?

Messages In This Thread