rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

IOTA Thread (First Non-Blockchain Coin)

IOTA Thread (First Non-Blockchain Coin)

Quote: (12-28-2017 07:17 PM)Giacomo Casanova Wrote:  

Quote: (12-28-2017 04:09 PM)SamuelBRoberts Wrote:  

Well, I'm glad I was able to provide you some enlightenment!

Most of the misery I've had with Crypto has come from taking it seriously, and all the fun has come from treating it like the silly fad it is.

People want IOTA? Let 'em by IOTA. Buy it before they do and then sell it to them for more than you paid for it.
It's centralized? Who cares? They want it anyway.
It has severe security flaws? Who cares? I won't be holding it long enough for that to matter, and if I do, my position sizing rules will protect me.
IOTA's written by idiots and liars? Who cares? You're not investing in a company that'll be around in 5 years, with your investment dependent on them being upright people who make good decisions. You're buying a silly, imaginary coin and then selling it a little later.

Let's keep the facts clear: why has a company like Bosch invested in IOTA? Why many big players are collaborating in the data marketplace with IOTA in order to study how the solution could fit their need?
Maybe the project will be successful, maybe not, but at least here we have real companies who are taking it seriously and trying to cooperate, which makes IOTA more serious than 99% of other crypto currencies. So this is not the typical pump and dump coin, but rather a long term project.
It was already told that it will be decentralized in the future when the solution will be stable and the security flaws have been fixed.
There are still some issues with transactions and the wallet, but this project is the most promising along with Ripple.

Sure it is possible that you can measure the likelihood of success of any project by the number and kind of BIG companies that are interested in such project and the extent to which they are investing in such project; however, in the crypto space (and even in the concept of valuing decentralization), some of the involvement of BIG companies could be a bit of a distraction or even a counter-indicator.

I am not saying that you are wrong about giving weight to such BIG company involvement, but I doubt that BIG company involvement causes any kind of slam dunk regarding the extent to which individual investment would be a good idea or even the timing or the fact that individual investment could still get caught on the wrong side of a pump and dump situation that is not as fundamentally strong as might be presumed by the mere involvement of BIG company money.

Messages In This Thread