rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

IOTA Thread (First Non-Blockchain Coin)

IOTA Thread (First Non-Blockchain Coin)

Why I'm down on Iota:

Crazy-high valuation (1 billion +) means that huge amounts of money would have to come in for you to see a 2x or 3x. If the TA supports it you can, of course, still buy, but there's no obvious reason to buy and HODL it over any number of better coins.
From an FA perspective, feeless transactions mean there's no incentive to run nodes: From what I've read there's no good reason to run a an iota node, beyond "You'll get faster transactions" "Maybe you can sell the node data to somebody" "You'll feel like a good person!". Cryptocurrency nodes are computationally and network resource intensive, and will only grow so in the future. http://www.tangleblog.com/2017/06/27/inc...node-iota/ If you want to see the kind of thing I'm talking about.
Doubt in the team: Per above.
Doubt in the underlying technology: Spend some time reading AMAs with the team on reddit and you'll see that people have any number of good, fundamental questions about the technology that the team is avoiding answering.

Messages In This Thread