rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Red Pill Movies

Red Pill Movies

Quote: (11-10-2018 07:54 PM)mr-ed209 Wrote:  

Not sure if it's been mentioned but There Will be Blood.

I remember watching it when it came out and it just felt like an brutal, intrinsically 'real' portrayal of what life would have been like during the start of America. The opening scene is like 10 or so minutes of near silence and an oil drill falling and killing one of the workers at the well - surrounded by nothing but desert.

The two main characters in the movie are completely non likeable and have no redeeming features. Daniel Day Lewis plays a peasant who strikes oil and manipulates all he can to earn his fortune. Paul Dano plays a dishonest preacher who lies about his ability to channel god and earn money for the 'church'. Its just a real accurate vision of machiavellianism.

I agree 100%. I recall watching the movie when it was first released. I thought to myself: "great movie, but it is so dark and brutal that I will probably never watch it again." I finally did watch it again about a year ago. A truly brilliant movie about multiple sociopaths vying with each other over power and the souls of men. It is a microcosm of Washington, D.C. and other centers of power, which draw such sociopaths to their midst.

Messages In This Thread